"Money and time are the heaviest burdens of life, and the unhappiest of all mortals are those who have more of either than they know how to use." Samuel Johnson

Saturday, March 15, 2008

I wasn't born yesterday! I was born a year ago!



Oh the stress! Oh the joy! Oh the excitement of a baby's first birthday party! We are so blessed to have Hollie and Kristin in our family, without them, today would not have been the same! His party was good, but they made it great!

The most exciting addition to the party were my parents who surprised us last night by traveling all the way from Ohio. Considering that all of my family knew, I was shocked that they all were able to keep the secret. I can't remember the last time a secret like that was truly kept!!! In all honesty, the following is how a secret is usually "kept" in the See family (and I am including myself). "I have a secret!" "What is it?" "I can't tell you!" "Come on, tell me and I promise I'll act surprised!" "Okay...here it is..." So, in light of this, congrats to all of you!

The best part about the day was that Benjamin truly enjoyed it as much as the rest of us did! I was cautious, having read the "What not to do at a 1st birthday party" chapter of "What to expect the first year". Thankfully, it all went well and he "preformed" for all of the guests. Even the Alarcon grandparents were represented in the blanket that Mama Nancy made and embroidered for Benjamin. It was so very special.

Thanks to everyone who came, it meant a lot to us! We love you!

2 comments:

jsi said...

Hi Jenny, I'm Jessie and have enjoyed reading your blog posts. What a beautiful son! It sure sonds like you had a terrific birthday celebration.

Jenny said...

It really was! God has blessed us in so many ways with Benjamin. Even if I am stressed or unhappy for whatever reason, one look at him and I'm smiling! Thank God for that!