"Money and time are the heaviest burdens of life, and the unhappiest of all mortals are those who have more of either than they know how to use." Samuel Johnson

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Chilean Ents

For those of you who have read ¨The Lord of the Rings¨, you will be happy to know that I have found the Chilean Ents. Those huge trees that talk and walk are alive and well and all over Chile! Of course I have yet to hear them talk or see them walk, but I´m sure that I will experience this before we leave.

We have had such a wonderful time here, and the most beautiful thing is seeing Benjamin with his Tata and Mama Nancy. They are so happy to have him here and he is enjoying every minute of it. His grandfather, who runs 2 miles every morning, takes him out to walk in the park. His grandmother makes him homemade baby food and feeds him almost constantly it seems!

When I saw pictures of Samuel at Benjamin´s age, I couldn´t believe it. They look almost identical!! I also was able to meet the infamous Abuela Olga, Juan Carlos´ mother. She certainly loves to talk. She certainly has her opinions.

Well, I´ll upload pictures later. For now, it´s off to spy on the Ents.

Love you all!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I'm so glad that you are having such a wonderful time. It must be truly magical to be with his family and to see Benjamin with them. We miss you!

When is Benjamin Joel's birthday party? 15th or 22nd? let me know...can't wait!!