"Money and time are the heaviest burdens of life, and the unhappiest of all mortals are those who have more of either than they know how to use." Samuel Johnson

Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Sun

In the late afternoon, on a summer day, the sun, soon to set, peeks through the kitchen window to bid farewell until the morning.

It is a precious moment as we, the sun and I, say silent words, make silent promises, and get ready for the nighttime.

He is one of my oldest and dearest of friends, we met the day I was born, and have seen one another almost every day since. He offers me warmth and light, I give him a smile and encourage him to shine.

When the sun finally sets, I am sad, if only for a moment. The kitchen is now dark, devoid of that golden glow that he offers in his presence.

Whether I win or whether I lose, the sun shines on me with the same warmth and light. Did you win? Your "sun" shines on you with an immense glow, I've seen it! But if you had lost, that glow would have been just as golden!

Consider your love... God has given you a prize worth more than one hundred sunrises and sunsets! Treasure this precious moment, and get ready for tomorrow.

Jenny Kathleen Alarcon

No comments: