"Money and time are the heaviest burdens of life, and the unhappiest of all mortals are those who have more of either than they know how to use." Samuel Johnson

Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Best Mommy


Last week, we went out to camp for the World Services Rally. Since we had to leave the house at 7 AM, I wanted to make sure that we had everything ready the night before. Our uniforms were ironed and ready, the house was somewhat clean, Benjamin's clothes were laid out.



And, of course, I packed the diaper bag. I thought myself such an organized and responsible mommy as I packed extra clothes, extra wipes, extra food, extra formula, and every bottle we own into the diaper bag. I went to sleep relieved that I had thought of everything I would need for my little boy the next day!

The morning went off without a hitch, and soon we were at camp with 500 people. Suddenly, I realized that Benjamin needed a new diaper. I grabbed the well-stocked diaper bag and rushed to the bathroom. As I reached into the bag, I just shook my head as I realized that there was one thing I forgot...the diapers!

Now how, I ask you, could I forget the one thing that the bag is named for??!! There goes the "Best Mommy" award for this year, but perhaps we can give out a "Best Intentions" award, I'm first in line!

1 comment:

The Hamons said...

That's hysterical! I always fear that I will do that.